G E T I N V O L V E D
There are many ways to get involved with the Youth Arts Academy and help stimulate growth, creativity and self expression. From volunteering your time, resources or talent, making a monetary or wishlist donation or furthering your career path here at YAA, we value every community effort to better our youth’s future as well as providing our youth with the best facility and staff.
YAA offers full-time, part-time and seasonal career opportunities in a variety of areas.
Position: YAA/EZ Support Staff & PM Front Desk
Starting Range: Part-time 27-28 hours per week, $10.00 hour.
Location: Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito Polster Branch
Reports to: Melissa Brown
Position Start Date: Immediate
Application Process: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 13th.
The YAA/EZ support staff provides clerical, administrative and IT support to Youth Arts Academy Program effectiveness and is responsible for support with EZ software used by programs within our club. This position is also responsible for the PM front desk coverage (6:00-8:00pm). The front desk coverage duties include evening customer service to cover the front desk while after hour programs are running (this includes but is not limited to Fitness programs, Polster rentals, Athletics programs and YAA).
Office Support Staff Job Duties
• Support Youth Arts Academy Director & EZ Online Software Manager by communicating with parents with potential new members, billing, scheduling.
• Represent YAA by answering phone calls, emails, and in-person questions.
• Provide support at Youth Art Academy events such as recitals, performances, trial lessons.
• Become proficient with EZ software and create and provide links for all BGC departments.
• Perform basic office tasks in a timely manner for all department located within Polster branch.
• Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Fitness: Support the Fitness department by monitoring classes & number of attendees. Handle cash and be present for general questions.
• Polster Games Room: Making sure all rentals are using our facilities and equipment appropriately. Monitoring use and safety protocols are followed in rooms being used.
• Athletics: Supporting gym rentals and their needs. Answering parent questions.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Excellent communication interpersonal skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
• Microsoft Office Proficient.
• Writing, reporting, and organizational skills.
• High School diploma or GED.
• At least 6 months of administrative/office experience.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES:
• Must possess or be able to obtain a valid California driver’s license.
Position: Private Musical Lesson Instructor in the following areas: Strings (Violin, Cello, etc), Piano, Guitar, Woodwind, Brass and Voice.
Starting Range: $24-26
Between 15-25 hours a week.
Location: Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito, Youth Arts Academy — Carmel Valley
Send resume and cover letter to email. This position will be filled ASAP.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of San Dieguito, Youth Arts Academy is seeking experienced music instructors to teach students of all ages and abilities. We take a good-humored and active approach to learning in our classrooms.
Hours range from 15-25 hours a week. Instructors that have more than one instrument experience will have preference. All our instructors have the potential to work as many hours as desired. The schedule for your hours will be up to you; however, instructors must stay consistent once hired by our organization. Hours are after school hours from 3:00-8:00pm.
The ideal candidate would:
- Enjoy working and have previous experience teaching music, drama and/or voice to children of all ages.
- Possess a Bachelor Music degree (preferred).
- Have the ability to relate well to children and most importantly to their parents.
- Have teaching experience
Knowledge and Skills:
We are looking for individual who are excellent communicators, organized and effective group leaders, enthusiastic, energetic and inspirational with groups of young children.
- Dynamics classroom manner
- Strong music fundamentals
- Musical creativity
- Versatility (play and teach various musical styles)
- Good knowledge of theory and harmony.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of The Boys and Girls Clubs of San Dieguito employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Share your talents with us at YAA! Whether you have a little or a lot of fun time, we all can benefit from your time and talent. Please contact Melissa Brown, Youth Arts Academy Director at YAA@bgcSanDieguito.org
Each year we depend on the generosity of many individuals, corporations, foundations, civic organizations and government funding to support our annual operating and program needs. We are accepting items donated from the community off of our Wishlist as well as monetary donations. You can help make a difference.